Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your San Antonio smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total command of your San Antonio home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in San Antonio benefit you?
Wirelessly linking to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved footage from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in San Antonio by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in San Antonio
Although various users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user in the future. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, tap phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new San Antonio home security system. Contact (210) 934-3694 to learn more.