Leading safety tips for new homeowners in San Antonio
If you just bought your first home or you’re getting closer to the closing date, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and your family. You’re likely thinking about all the ways you should customize your property with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, be sure you examine home security as well. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a major emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with our safety tips for new homeowners in San Antonio.
Perform a safety review of your new San Antonio property
Now that you’re considering safety, discover what your new home has in terms of protection. First, make sure you have working fire alarms. Test all of them and change batteries if needed. Do you have CO detectors? Do you need a water sensor downstairs? This is also an excellent time to replace door locks and check all window locks. Go through each room and get to know your new home.
Smart security tips for your San Antonio home
Once you’ve done your opening check of locks and safety alarms, you may look into enhancing your protection. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in San Antonio.
- Install a full-featured home security system. One of the top tools for new homeowners in San Antonio is a home security system. Modern wireless advancements let you keep tabs on your home even when you’re away. You can view real-time video feeds, engage entry locks, and even talk to guests on your front steps directly from your cell phone. You can even custom-tailor your system with worthwhile security implements like video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Upgrade exterior lighting. Exterior lights with motion sensors are an effective way to turn away possible invaders. You can even integrate them with surveillance cameras. When a motion detector is tripped, it can signal your video equipment to record.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have an unblocked perspective of your property through your windows? Are there oversized shrubs and trees impeeding the view? Get rid of potential hiding spots for burglars by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it as well.
- Meet others on your street. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friends with people nearby, they’ll be more prone to let you know if they see anything suspicious. You may also connect to your neighborhood’s social media page if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you go with an innovative smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by turning on smart light bulbs at predetermined moments. This is a fantastic option when you’re not there.