What should you do if your San Antonio home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family – against the multitude of risks you could face, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your San Antonio home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be shocking, confusing, and could provoke panic. Your best option is to stay composed and adhere to these easy suggestions.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In San Antonio Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the unmistakable sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been tripped. Now what should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is racing. But keeping a cool head is the best way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself but instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them out of danger. In the case of a burglary, this might involve going to a predetermined safe zone as far from entry points as possible. The invader was probably already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always smart to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or flames, please leave your house right away.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. Most individuals keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you may fail to grab it during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring experts and receive updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in San Antonio goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The protocol they abide by is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one attempt will be made to reach you before first responders are sent out. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring agent will abide by these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the command hub. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t result in an answer, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Support will still be deployed even if you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in San Antonio
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in San Antonio from Vivint. Contact (210) 934-3694 to start customizing your property’s security today.