What you should look for in a home security camera in San Antonio
When it comes to home security, it helps to get a full view of your property This is the main reason why security cameras are some of the most effective components to think about as you design your smart home’s security. Although free-standing cameras will be beneficial when set up appropriately, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your home’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in San Antonio? You’ll be happy to discover these important components have more benefits than ever before. You may see live footage from indoor cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with built-in deterrents from exterior cameras. And you can control your home security cameras easily in the same place.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in San Antonio
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will elevate your residence’s defense to a higher level. These essential parts of your security system may come equipped with a diverse lineup of features like bi-directional audio, motion detection, and convenient cell phone access. Take a look at the possibilities below.
- Effective deterrents: You can use a security camera that is able to take immediate action. If odd movement is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid circle of red light will appear on the outside of the camera’s lens and a loud warning will resonate.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers clear-cut footage of your property at any hour. Your cameras will even sustain their crisp imaging as you zoom in on specific spots.
- Cloud storage: Look for surveillance with cloud storage functionality and the chance to access video right from your cell phone app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in San Antonio are often paired to a handy mobile device app. You have the opportunity to watch live feeds or recorded segments and even engage or disengage your system. The Vivint App will post an alert to your mobile device if there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion sensors prompts cameras to take notice when odd activity takes place. You’ll even receive a message on your phone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Would you like to check in with your children after school? Have you found a delivery person at your main entry? The latest residential security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way talk so you are able to speak to the people within range of your surveillance device.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your exterior video cameras should provide no less than a 120° view. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° views.
- Configurable zones: This benefit gives you the chance to set the exact part of your property you wish your camera to cover. This can be helpful to optimize the movement you surveil as you wouldn’t want alerts each time a vehicle drives by in front of your house.
Configure your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in San Antonio. The only thing left to do is to put everything together in a robust Vivint smart home. Call (210) 934-3694 to start or fill out the form below to contact our security specialists.